Dr Glen Rae works in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of sporting injuries. He assesses, investigates and diagnoses a wide range of athletes of differing sporting abilities.
The same professional, dedicated and proactive approach to care is given to everyone regardless of the level that they compete at.
Less than 10% of sporting injuries actually require surgical treatment which is why seeing a sports medicine specialist doctor allows an early diagnosis to be made with referral for any x-ray, MRI, CT or ultrasound imaging available as required. A treatment plan will be given which may include a range of injection therapies if appropriate as well as a planned rehabilitation program to prevent re-injury.
Examples of sporting injuries diagnosed and treated:
- Tendon injuries and disease e.g. Achilles of the ankle and Patellar of the knee and shoulder tendons
- Muscle injuries – e.g. hamstring and calf injuries
- Stress fractures e.g. lower legs and feet
- Ligament injuries e.g. ankle, knee andfingers
- Shin splints
- Cartilage tears e.g. knees, hips and shoulders
- Overuse injuries
- Medical causes of decreased performance e.g. low Vitamin D
Significant experience working within professional sport and in treating musculoskeletal conditions for all ages. Contact Sports Medicine North East for an appointment.
Call: Sunderland 0191 418 8687
Call: Newcastle 0191 233 0500